Prescription Assistance Program
The Bayou La Batre Area Health Development Board is dedicated to providing quality healthcare to the patients we serve. We understand the difficulty some patients face when trying to purchase prescription medications. A Prescription Assistance Program has been established between several major Pharmaceutical Companies and Mostellar Medical Center to address the prescription medication needs of these patients. Please review the Prescription Assistance Program Guidelines. (Guidelines are offered in English, Spanish and Vietnamese under our Forms page. For other languages, please inform the staff of your needs)
Your doctor/nurse will gladly instruct you on how to apply to the selected pharmaceutical companies. Mostellar Medical Center cannot guarantee your acceptance into these programs. Each person must meet company guidelines/requirements of the specific Pharmaceutical Company.
Our Prescription Assistance Coordinators will help you apply for assistance on the following schedule:
Initial application intakes: Monday - Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm
Medication Pick-up time: Monday – Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm
Medication Reorder Days: Monday – Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm
**Closed for lunch – 12:00pm – 1:00pm**
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS NEEDED
1. Proof of income for the entire household. This includes one or more of the following:
a. Copy of current 1040 Federal tax return
b. Copy of Medicare benefits
c. Copy of SSI benefits
d. Copy of pension benefits
e. Copy of Food Stamp benefits
f. Copy of Disability benefits
g. Green Card – Citizenship papers
2. Patients cannot have insurance prescription coverage in this program
3. Once approved, patients will receive their medications in 6-12 weeks.
4. Generally, the requested medications are sent to Mostellar Medical Center and distributed by the Medication Coordinators.
5. The patient will be notified by phone as soon as the medications arrive at Mostellar Medical.
6. The patient must re-apply 60 days from the day the medications are picked up to ensure
continued medication supply.
7. Please note, it is the patient’s responsibility to return to reorder any and all medications.
8. It is also the patient’s responsibility to notify the medication coordinators of any changes made by your Physician concerning your medications.
9. Patients must also notify the Medication Coordinators of changes in their prescription coverage.
10. Patients must see their physician before applying to the Prescription Assistance Program.